What Are Fleas?
- Fleas are small, wingless, and about 2.5 mm long.
- Their bodies are shiny and reddish brown in color, covered with microscopic hair and are compressed to allow for easy movement through animal fur.
- Fleas do not have wings.
- They are capable of jumping long distances.
How Do Flea Infestations Start?
Flea infestations often come from your family pet. They attach to the animal when it’s outside and infest its fur and the places it sleeps indoors.
A flea infestation exterminator can eliminate these pests if you have them on your property. At Arrow Services, Inc., we provide top-quality flea pest control services in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois. You can trust us to get rid of these harmful pests from your home.
Flea prevention for both the home and yard can be difficult. Without a proactive approach, any pet owner is vulnerable to an infestation. Flea infestation pest control is essential to prevent these vermin from causing further inconvenience to your pet and family.
Fleas depend on a blood meal from a host to survive. In many instances, these pests may become a problem indoors when the animal they previously fed on is no longer around. In such cases, fleas will redirect their feeding activity on the people living inside the house.
One example is when fleas that previously fed on a mouse that has been trapped and removed may look for alternative hosts, including pets and people. Before this escalates to a more serious concern, conducting flea infestation pest control is critical.
Are Fleas a Serious Problem?
- Flea bites may leave the host with numerous swollen, itchy marks.
- They can cause allergic reactions in some people and can transmit several diseases.
- Pets with fur are the most at risk.
- Fleas can bite people and pets and can be a big nuisance.
- According to a CDC statement, the number of illnesses caused by flea bites tripled between 2004 and 2016.
- The most frustrating flea infestation issue is the time and work it takes to remove. Flea pest control requires treating infected animals, cleaning flea-infested areas, and taking preventative measures to keep the pests from returning.
- Most of the time, simply using over-the-counter products to control fleas will not resolve the root causes of the infestation.
For flea pest control, a flea infestation exterminator from Arrow Services, Inc. will conduct thorough inspection and locate areas where the immature stages of the flea population are residing. You can be at ease since our team is trained and certified to provide professional flea removal. Our locations include Indiana, Michigan, Ohio,and Illinois.
Arrow Services, Inc. also provides safe and effective general home pest control. Contact us if you’re searching for reliable residential pest exterminators in Indiana and nearby states.